PERU Chuchi Washed
Finished and shipped from Sweden with standard or express shipment worldwide. Learn more about production cut-offs and shipping here
“This is an entry level espresso and/or filter coffee suited for everybody and at any time of the day.”
Founder, Coffea Circulor
SCA SCORE 84.00
FLAVOR ALGORITHM AND DESIGN Ivica Cvetanovski
Roasted light based on conduction and moderate heat application with world class skill and care. Extensive roast, medium front up heat that declines. Low level of energy throughput to sustain the energy transfer and target a short development time.
|Aroma||Cocoa, Vanilla, Walnut|
|Flavor||Toffee, Milk chocolate, Vanilla|
|Aftertaste||Honey, Cocoa, Yellow plum, Long|
|Acidity||Yellow plum, Malic, Mid|
Near Chachapoyas you can find a site called Kuelap, also known as the northern Machu Picchu.
The coffee arrives from the Huabal and Chirinos districts. The producers that are part of our program in Peru deliver parchment to their warehouse in Jaen. Every single delivery goes through green analysis (defect analysis, moisture content measurements, ration parchment to green). Depending on the results of the several analysis, a fair and good price is offered to the producer. This coffee lot is named after the city Chachapoyas which is the capital of the neighboring Amazonas region.
Depending on the results of the several analysis, a price is offered to the producer.Every single delivery, even the best lot scoring 88+ also have a small percentage of second grade (smaller or lighter beans). The second grade is separated from the first grade at the dry mill.
This coffee is nick-named after Chachapoyas which is the capital of the neighboring Amazonas region. Near Chachapoyas you can find a site called Kuelap also known as the northern Machu Picchu.
Our World Brewers Cup recipe, One (1:1:1), for Hario V60-01/02 with Hario VCF-01/02 filters:
- Coffee: 20g.
- Water: 300g @ 93-95°C, TDS: 10-50 mg/l.
- 100g of 20 second pours in 3 total pours at 0:00, 1:00 and last pour at 2:00. Finish at 3:00.
- Pour by pulsing in helix formation during 20 seconds, starting from the centre, 5 revolutions per pulse. Ensure no grinds persist on the filter wall in the last pouring pulse.
- At 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00, confirm the filter bed is flat and uniform. Avoid generating cavities and craters.
- Target a TDS reading of 1.40±0.02.
- Adjust only grind size and water temperature.
- Grinding: Target 600-800μm. Example: 28 turns from the finest setting on Commandante.
- If the flow ends past each minute, adjust your grind settings to finer and respectively for slower flow.
- The recipe, technique and formula is singularly linear and time efficient. Learn more about linearly up- and downscaling our recipe here.
Use water with balanced mineral content to optimize flavor and character. Keep Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) between 10-50 ppm or mg/l. We advise a temperature between 93-95°C for the best brewing experience.
Please store in a cool and dry place in order to secure freshness and quality. To ensure best possible experience use within 3 months after roast date and 2 weeks after opening. We have invested significant time to research the durability of the coffee by actively refining our roasting algorithms to ensure perpetual quality post 3 months of production. Our flavor-lock packaging technology is based on processing and roasting. This ensures persisting and stable aromas, flavors and pro-experience.
Made by Peru
Finished in Scandinavia