PANAMA Ninety Plus Derar Ela CaturraPanamaNPDerarEla100g
Finished and shipped from Sweden with standard or express shipment worldwide. Learn more about production cut-offs and shipping here
Founder Joseph Brosky and partner Guillermo Saint Malo are revitalizing and stimulating the perception of coffee through innovations to reflect exceptional quality and experience.
SCA SCORE 90.25
FLAVOR ALGORITHM AND DESIGN Ivica Cvetanovski
Accredited to Coffea Circulor, our Illuminate-technology galvanizes the the Ninety Plus® proprietary processing formula. Roasted and refined based on thermal conduction with synchronous heat distribution targeting chemesthetic agents. Proven world class skill and care rendering an accurate representation of the ideology, terroir and processing formula.
|Aroma||Black cherry, Cacao, Walnut|
|Flavor||Blackberry, Raisin, Walnut|
|Aftertaste||Cocoa, Cherry, Long|
|Acidity||Black cherry, Malic, Mid|
|Body||Smooth, Transparent, Mid-High|
Inspired by the first coffees innovated by Ninety Plus in southern Ethiopia in 2006, Derar Ela embodies the power of special “natural” processing, where coffee is carefully fermented as a whole cherry prior to drying.
A Ninety Plus version of this process imparts great depth of red fruit and spice notes to Derar Ela, which is made from the Caturra variety.
The Ninety Plus Barú Estates are named after the Barú volcano, the iconic peak around which all of Panama’s best specialty coffee lands are centered. The last seven volcanic eruptions have happened on the western side of the Barú volcano, benefitting coffee on this western slope with superior soils. Ninety Plus Barú Estates are located around a volcanic crater, a result of one of these last seven eruptions. The base of the crater is a 70 hectare plain at 1,800 meters elevation, with the crater rim extending upwards to 2,300 meters above sea level, a peak in full and intimate view of the monumental Barú. Ninety Plus Barú Estates are connected directly to the 15,000-hectare Volcán Barú National Park.
Produced and arranged by our friends at Ninety Plus®.
All Ninety Plus product names, logos and brands are property of Ninety Plus and used with permission.
Our World Brewers Cup recipe, One (1:1:1), for Hario V60-01/02 with Hario VCF-01/02 filters:
- Coffee: 20g.
- Water: 300g @ 93-95°C, TDS: 10-50 mg/l.
- 100g of 20 second pours in 3 total pours at 0:00, 1:00 and last pour at 2:00. Finish at 3:00.
- Pour by pulsing in helix formation during 20 seconds, starting from the centre, 5 revolutions per pulse. Ensure no grinds persist on the filter wall in the last pouring pulse.
- At 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00, confirm the filter bed is flat and uniform. Avoid generating cavities and craters.
- Target a TDS reading of 1.40±0.02.
- Adjust only grind size and water temperature.
- Grinding: Target 600-800μm. Example: 28 turns from the finest setting on Commandante.
- If the flow ends past each minute, adjust your grind settings to finer and respectively for slower flow.
- The recipe, technique and formula is singularly linear and time efficient. Learn more about linearly up- and downscaling our recipe here.
Use water with balanced mineral content to optimize flavor and character. Keep Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) between 10-50 ppm or mg/l. We advise a temperature between 93-95°C for the best brewing experience.
Please store in a cool and dry place in order to secure freshness and quality. To ensure best possible experience use within 3 months after roast date and 2 weeks after opening. In various environments and setups, your brewing experience can benefit from opening the bag and closing it. Wait one day to brew. We have invested significant time to research the durability of the coffee by actively refining our roasting algorithms to ensure perpetual quality post 3 months of production. Our flavor-lock packaging technology is based on processing and roasting. This ensures persisting and stable aromas, flavors and pro-experience.
Made by Panama
Finished in Scandinavia