PANAMA Ale Geisha Natural Anaerobic Slow Drying 120hPanamaAleASD100g
Finished and shipped from Sweden with standard or express shipment worldwide. Learn more about production cut-offs and shipping here
“Refreshing, elegant, seductive, crisp, bubbly and clinging to the sides of your drinking vessel."
Founder, Coffea Circulor, Sweden
SCA SCORE 95.00
FLAVOR ALGORITHM AND DESIGN Ivica Cvetanovski
Roasted light based on conduction and moderate heat application with world class skill and care. Extensive roast, high front up heat that declines. Low level of energy application to enable the beans to develop as much as possible focusing on generating a fizzing acidity.
|Producer||Altieri Specialty Coffee|
|Region||Callejón Seco, Boquete|
|Process||Natural, Anaerobic Slow Drying, 120h|
|Aroma||Cedar, Cotton candy, Jasmine, Rose|
|Flavor||Champagne, Pineapple, Strawberry|
|Aftertaste||Blueberry, Green grape, Wine, Long|
|Acidity||Raspberry, Strawberry, Malic, Mid-High|
|Body||Smooth, Structured, Elegant, Mid|
The varietal geisha has won numerous coffee tasting awards in recent years and is creating a high demand for the coffee at auctions.
These prize-winning coffees are grown on the Eastern slope of the Baru Volcano, surrounded by the virgin cloud forests of the Baru Natonal Park in an area known as Callejón Seco. This area consists of volcanic soil, drained on the slope of the volcanic mountain, at an altitude where winds from the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans collide creating microclimates different from the rest of the country.
Founded by Eugene Altieri, an Italian-American businessman residing in Panama who bought the farms. After 15 years of coffee growing and earning various awards, his children are following his legacy.
This lot was cultivated at an altitude of 1830 masl and underwent an anaerobic fermentation for 5 days in plastic sealed tanks, without adding water or any artificial yeast. The drying process was done under partial shadow for 21 days on African beds.
This prize-winning lot is arranged by our dear friends the Altieri family.
Our World Brewers Cup recipe, One (1:1:1), for Hario V60-01/02 with Hario VCF-01/02 filters:
- Coffee: 20g.
- Water: 300g @ 93-95°C, TDS: 10-50 mg/l.
- 100g of 20 second pours in 3 total pours at 0:00, 1:00 and last pour at 2:00. Finish at 3:00.
- Pour by pulsing in helix formation during 20 seconds, starting from the centre, 5 revolutions per pulse. Ensure no grinds persist on the filter wall in the last pouring pulse.
- At 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00, confirm the filter bed is flat and uniform. Avoid generating cavities and craters.
- Target a TDS reading of 1.40±0.02.
- Adjust only grind size and water temperature.
- Grinding: Target 600-800μm. Example: 28 turns from the finest setting on Comandante.
- If the flow ends past each minute, adjust your grind settings to finer and respectively for slower flow.
- The recipe, technique and formula is singularly linear and time efficient. Learn more about linearly up- and downscaling our recipe here.
Find more recommendations for other devices here.
Use water with balanced mineral content to optimize flavor and character. Keep Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) between 25-50 ppm or mg/l. We advise a temperature between 93-95°C for the best brewing experience. Target the following values.
|Calcium (Ca)||0.9 mg/l|
|Sodium (Na)||1.7 mg/l|
|Silicon Dioxide (SiO2)||1.4 mg/l|
|Potassium (K)||0.3 mg/l|
|Magnesium (Mg)||0.2 mg/l|
|Sulfate (SO4-)||<7.0 mg/l|
|Chloride (Cl-)||2.5 mg/l|
|Nitrate (NO3-)||0.1 mg/l|
|Flouride (F-)||<0.1 mg/l|
Please store in a cool and dry place in order to secure freshness and quality. To ensure best possible experience use within 3 months after roast date and 2 weeks after opening. We have invested significant time to research the durability of the coffee by actively refining our roasting algorithms to ensure perpetual quality post 3 months of production. Our flavor-lock packaging technology is based on processing and roasting. This ensures persisting and stable aromas, flavors and pro-experience.
Made by Panama
Finished in Scandinavia