COSTA RICA Candelilla Geisha Natural NXCostaRicaCandeillaNX100g €13,00
Finished and shipped from Sweden with standard or express shipment worldwide. Learn more about production cut-offs and shipping here
“Mixed fruits and chocolates in a bowl.”
Coffea Circulor, Sweden
SCA SCORE 90.00
FLAVOR ALGORITHM AND DESIGN Ivica Cvetanovski
Roasted light based on conduction and moderate heat application with world class skill and care. Moderate roast, high front up heat that subsides and a sensational aroma of honey fragrance follows us through to the first crack and we shortly afterwards finish the roast.
|Aroma||Apple, Hibiscus, Vanilla|
|Flavor||Apricot, Nougat, Toffee|
|Aftertaste||Nougat, Purple plum, Vanilla, Mid|
|Acidity||Red currant, Malic, Mid|
The Sanchez family have been working this land for five generations.
La Candelilla was one of the exceptionally to begin with micromills built up within the prevalent coffee-growing locale of Tarrazú in Costa Rica. It’s a collaboratively claimed micromill, set up by 7 smallholder makers who share ownership. This particular parcel may be a normal prepare coffee from one of the founders of the process, Ricardo Hernandez Naranjo, who was among the primary to propose to his rancher mates that they ought to begin the “mini beneficio.”
Don Ricardo has been developing coffee for 32 a long time and is committed to quality and supportability, as are many of the makers who utilize La Candelilla. His trees develop in wealthy ultisol, which may be a sort of red-clay soil that's especially ripe in sticky tropical or subtropical regions. This soil composition contains no calcium carbonate or lime. Once the ready cherry is brought to the process, it is prepared depending on the profile and the climate.
Ripe cherries are picked and sun-dried on raised beds for 8-12 days, all depending on climatic conditions. Amid this time, they are handpicked, sorted and raked to guarantee a steady drying handle. This handle comes about in a sweeter more floral flavor. After drying, the coffee is hulled to separate the dried coffee cherry from the grain.
Our World Brewers Cup recipe, One (1:1:1), for Hario V60-01/02 with Hario VCF-01/02 filters:
- Rinse the VCF-filter with 93°C water. Rinse the carafe/server with hot water to expel any unwanted aromatics and flavors from the rinsed filter.
- Coffee: 20g.
- Water: 300g @ 93-95°C, TDS: 10-50 mg/l.
- 100g of 20 second pours in 3 total pours at 0:00, 1:00 and last pour at 2:00. Finish at 3:00.
- Pour by pulsing in helix formation during 20 seconds, starting from the centre, 5 revolutions per pulse. Ensure no grinds persist on the filter wall in the last pouring pulse.
- At 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00, confirm the filter bed is flat and uniform. Avoid generating cavities and craters.
- Target a TDS reading of 1.40±0.02.
- Adjust only grind size and water temperature.
- Grinding: Target 600-800μm. Example: 28 turns from the finest setting on Comandante.
- If the flow ends past each minute, adjust your grind settings to finer and respectively for slower flow.
- The recipe, technique and formula is singularly linear and time efficient. Learn more about linearly up- and downscaling our recipe here.
Find more recommendations for other devices here.
Use water with balanced mineral content to optimize flavor and character. Keep Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) between 25-50 ppm or mg/l. We advise a temperature between 93-95°C for the best brewing experience. Target the following values.
|Calcium (Ca)||0.9 mg/l|
|Sodium (Na)||1.7 mg/l|
|Silicon Dioxide (SiO2)||1.4 mg/l|
|Potassium (K)||0.3 mg/l|
|Magnesium (Mg)||0.2 mg/l|
|Sulfate (SO4-)||<7.0 mg/l|
|Chloride (Cl-)||2.5 mg/l|
|Nitrate (NO3-)||0.1 mg/l|
|Flouride (F-)||<0.1 mg/l|
Please store in a cool and dry place in order to secure freshness and quality. To ensure best possible experience use within 3 months after roast date and 2 weeks after opening. We have invested significant time to research the durability of the coffee by actively refining our roasting algorithms to ensure perpetual quality post 3 months of production. Our flavor-lock packaging technology is based on processing and roasting. This ensures persisting and stable aromas, flavors and pro-experience.
Made by Costa Rica
Finished in Scandinavia