COLOMBIA Questo Washed WX (Espresso)
Finished and shipped from Sweden with standard or express shipment worldwide. Learn more about production cut-offs and shipping here
“Regardless how and when you brew this coffee, all over again, it can not turn out wrong.”
Barista, Gothenburg, Sweden
SCA SCORE 87.50
FLAVOR ALGORITHM AND DESIGN Ivica Cvetanovski
Roasted light based on convection and moderate heat application with world class skill and care. Moderate roast, high front up heat that subsides and a sensational aroma of honey fragrance follows us through to the first crack and we swiftly afterwards finish the roast.
|Honey, Milk chocolate
|Cherry, Honey, Toffee
|Almond, Cocoa, Long
|Cherry, Malic, Mid
|Juicy, Round, Mid
As in other parts of Nariño, work in the country side is very demanding due to technological underdevelopment. Roads are not paved. This makes life and mobilization in the country side difficult.
Harvest takes place during June and July each year and there is all year round work related to the farm. The soil at the farm is volcanic, high in acidity and rich in nutrients. Due to these conditions, the Caturra trees develop their non-expected characteristics and benefit profoundly from this soil.
Semi-shade banana plantain trees and citrus fruit is co-grown with the coffee trees. This has an impact on the flavor development which advances the unique citric acidity. During our roasting of this minimal harvest, we experienced unique aromas of ripe pineapple and comb honey.
This lot has passed a pulped, 24 hour submerged and traditional washed production phase.
As each picked coffee cherry is destined for specific fermentation formulas, we denote each lot carrying the same name with a morpheme. Below is a listing of most common fermentation practices. Please use this reference to better understand the differences between equally named coffees and their fermentation formulas. For example, read a suffix of "NASDX" such as Natural Anaerobic Slow Drying Fermentation".
|RH, WH, BH
Our World Brewers Cup recipe, One (1:1:1), for Hario V60-01/02 with Hario VCF-01/02 filters:
- Open the sealed coffee bag/container gracefully, let the contents aerate for a few seconds, re-seal the bag one day prior to your first brew. This will enable the coffee beans to adjust to their environment after being in storage/transport.
- Rinse the VCF-filter with 93°C water. Rinse the carafe/server with hot water to expel any unwanted aromatics and flavors from the rinsed filter.Coffee: 20g.
- Water: 300g @ 93-95°C, TDS: 10-50 mg/l.
- 100g of 20 second pours in 3 total pours at 0:00, 1:00 and last pour at 2:00. Finish at 3:00.
- Pour by pulsing in helix formation during 20 seconds, starting from the centre, 5 revolutions per pulse. Ensure no grinds persist on the filter wall in the last pouring pulse.
- At 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00, confirm the filter bed is flat and uniform. Avoid generating cavities and craters.
- Target a TDS reading of 1.40±0.02.
- Adjust only grind size and water temperature.
- Grinding: Target 600-800μm. Example: 28 turns from the finest setting on Comandante.
- If the flow ends past each minute, adjust your grind settings to finer and respectively for slower flow.
- The recipe, technique and formula is singularly linear and time efficient. Learn more about linearly up- and downscaling our recipe here.
Use water with balanced mineral content to optimize flavor and character. Keep Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) between 10-50 ppm or mg/l. We advise a temperature between 93-95°C for the best brewing experience.
Please store in a cool and dry place in order to secure freshness and quality. To ensure best possible experience use within 3 months after roast date and 2 weeks after opening. In various environments and setups, your brewing experience can benefit from opening the bag and closing it. Wait one day to brew. We have invested significant time to research the durability of the coffee by actively refining our roasting algorithms to ensure perpetual quality post 3 months of production. Our flavor-lock packaging technology is based on processing and roasting. This ensures persisting and stable aromas, flavors and pro-experience.
Start using at will. Brew immediately or wait several weeks. Prepare for a championship with a strategy. It all depends on your goals.
We recommend using the coffees by first opening the container/bag one day before the first planned brew to enable a natural aeration of the coffees. Use according to the following matrix and remember these are general observations given parameters such as continent, country, region, variety, altitude, process, etc. combined with Coffea Circulor processing and roasting algorithms.
Plan your acquisition according to production schedules (roasting), event attendance (home/championship) and shipping priority (standard/courier).
|Optimal Coffea Circulor recommended praxis
|Increased floral perception
|Intact sweetness, peak intensity
|Inherent balance, possible reduced florals turning herbal
Made by Colombia
Finished in Scandinavia