ETHIOPIA Sagara WashedEthiopiaSagaraWashed250g €12,00
Finished and shipped from Sweden with standard or express shipment worldwide. Learn more about production cut-offs and shipping here
“Classic washed Ethiopian experience with a twist.”
Founder, Coffea Circulor
SCA SCORE 88.25
FLAVOR ALGORITHM AND DESIGN Ivica Cvetanovski
Roasted light based on convection and moderate heat application with world class skill and care. Extensive roast, high front up heat that decreases and a ramp that leads into a humble crack. The florals and the rich acidity are generated immediately after the first crack.
|Flavor||Apricot, Jasmine, Toffee|
|Aftertaste||Earl grey, Yellow plum|
|Acidity||Lemon, Citric, Light-Mid|
Sagara washing station is owned by Daye Bensa Coffee Export, who own farms and washing stations around Southern Ethiopia, known for high quality production.Outgrowers from this region are typically small farmers with between 0.5 and 3 hectares of land. The land is managed organically with compost and is often grow within the native forest. There is a mix of varieties in the area, some of which are local landrace selections, but more commonly it is the 74158 variety, which is a selection from the Jimma research centre.
This variety and lot with sequence number 3 was selected from wild plants in the Metu-Bishari forest in the Illuababora zone in Western Ethiopia. 74160 is widely distributed varieties across Ethiopia and was selected for its resistance to CBD and high yield. The coffee delivered to the Sagara washing station is pulped, fermented under water and then washed before being placed on raised beds to dry for around two weeks.
At this site the team are very selective about cherry quality ensuring only the ripest are bought and make sure the coffee is dried slowly with a skin drying phase to start the process.
Our World Brewers Cup recipe, One (1:1:1), for Hario V60-01/02 with Hario VCF-01/02 filters:
- Coffee: 20g.
- Water: 300g @ 93-95°C, TDS: 10-50 mg/l.
- 100g of 20 second pours in 3 total pours at 0:00, 1:00 and last pour at 2:00. Finish at 3:00.
- Pour by pulsing in helix formation during 20 seconds, starting from the centre, 5 revolutions per pulse. Ensure no grinds persist on the filter wall in the last pouring pulse.
- At 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00, confirm the filter bed is flat and uniform. Avoid generating cavities and craters.
- Target a TDS reading of 1.40±0.02.
- Adjust only grind size and water temperature.
- Grinding: Target 600-800μm. Example: 28 turns from the finest setting on Commandante.
- If the flow ends past each minute, adjust your grind settings to finer and respectively for slower flow.
- The recipe, technique and formula is singularly linear and time efficient. Learn more about linearly up- and downscaling our recipe here.
Use water with balanced mineral content to optimize flavor and character. Keep Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) between 10-50 ppm or mg/l. We advise a temperature between 93-95°C for the best brewing experience.
Please store in a cool and dry place in order to secure freshness and quality. To ensure best possible experience use within 3 months after roast date and 2 weeks after opening. We have invested significant time to research the durability of the coffee by actively refining our roasting algorithms to ensure perpetual quality post 3 months of production. Our flavor-lock packaging technology is based on processing and roasting. This ensures persisting and stable aromas, flavors and pro-experience.
Made by Ethiopia
Finished in Scandinavia