ETHIOPIA Djudje Modulated Dry FermentationEthiopiaDjudjeDX250g €13,00
Finished and shipped from Sweden with standard or express shipment worldwide. Learn more about production cut-offs and shipping here
“Impressive power residing in these small jewels waiting to be unleashed.”
Founder, Coffea Circulor
SCA SCORE 89.25
FLAVOR ALGORITHM AND DESIGN Ivica Cvetanovski
Roasted light based on convection and moderate heat application with world class skill and care. Extensive roast, high front up heat that decreases and a ramp that leads into a humble crack. The florals and the rich acidity are generated immediately after the first crack.
|Producer||Daye Bensa Affiliated Farm
|Process||Modulated, Dry Fermentation|
|Aroma||Bergamot, Fresh mint, Honey|
|Flavor||Green grape, Fresh mint, Rainier cherry|
|Aftertaste||Apricot, Jasmine, Honey|
|Acidity||Tangerine, Lime, Citric, Light-Mid|
New coffee processing methods building on current ideas can create new venues with unexpected results. Daye Bensa farms are additionally certified in organic practices.Classic and traditional washed processes remove fruit from the coffee cherry before initiating the drying phase. This coffee has been processed with a method to use less water in the post-picking phase.
The process involves retaining the coffees in a state of climate controlled fermentation tanks after removing the mucilage from the coffee bean.
Furthermore, allowing the coffee beans which now have no skin or pulp, rest in a warm environment which pre-initiates the fermentation faster. This activates organic compounds by replacing the hydrogen of an acid by an alkyl or other organic group.
Due to using less water this process aspires to carry the subtleness of a washed process with elements of natural processing. From an environmental friendly point of view, it has high aspirations to attract other producers.
Our World Brewers Cup recipe, One (1:1:1), for Hario V60-01/02 with Hario VCF-01/02 filters:
- Coffee: 20g.
- Water: 300g @ 93-95°C, TDS: 10-50 mg/l.
- 100g of 20 second pours in 3 total pours at 0:00, 1:00 and last pour at 2:00. Finish at 3:00.
- Pour by pulsing in helix formation during 20 seconds, starting from the centre, 5 revolutions per pulse. Ensure no grinds persist on the filter wall in the last pouring pulse.
- At 01:00, 02:00 and 03:00, confirm the filter bed is flat and uniform. Avoid generating cavities and craters.
- Target a TDS reading of 1.40±0.02.
- Adjust only grind size and water temperature.
- Grinding: Target 600-800μm. Example: 28 turns from the finest setting on Commandante.
- If the flow ends past each minute, adjust your grind settings to finer and respectively for slower flow.
- The recipe, technique and formula is singularly linear and time efficient. Learn more about linearly up- and downscaling our recipe here.
|Calcium (Ca)||0.9 mg/l|
|Sodium (Na)||1.7 mg/l|
|Silicon Dioxide (SiO2)||1.4 mg/l|
|Potassium (K)||0.3 mg/l|
|Magnesium (Mg)||0.2 mg/l|
|Sulfate (SO4-)||<7.0 mg/l|
|Chloride (Cl-)||2.5 mg/l|
|Nitrate (NO3-)||0.1 mg/l|
|Flouride (F-)||<0.1 mg/l|
Please store in a cool and dry place in order to secure freshness and quality. To ensure best possible experience use within 3 months after roast date and 2 weeks after opening. We have invested significant time to research the durability of the coffee by actively refining our roasting algorithms to ensure perpetual quality post 3 months of production. Our flavor-lock packaging technology is based on processing and roasting. This ensures persisting and stable aromas, flavors and pro-experience.
Made by Ethiopia
Finished in Scandinavia